5 Things That Made My Life Easier
Some people think laziness is a bad thing, but I would like to disagree. Lazy people are innovators and risk takers. Laziness is what breeds efficiency. I am constantly implementing changes in my life to see how I can make it better. I want things to work for me and not the other way around. I never want to be only content, so I love trying new things. Today I wanted to write about the top 5 things I have started doing to make my life easier. Some of these things may seem like common sense, but what can I say? I'm lazy! Here are 5 things I have started doing to make my life easier:
- Doing things right away - if it takes less than 20 minutes, just do it now. This is probably the hardest one for me and my husband, we constantly put off things we don't want to do. It's our nature. Little things like doing the dishes right after a meal and putting the nail polish away after I use it have been very difficult for me. Doing these things right away is saves me from fighting anever ending battle with clutter. The war is over and I have found peace!
- Culling my wardrobe regularly - everything I have to wear is my favourite and I never find myself not knowing what to wear. I mean, not never. But now my problem is "Which fabulous thing am I in the mood for today?" rather than "There's so much crap, what's good in here?"
- Spending less time on my phone - it can be difficult, but the extra time I have spent not on my phone I have used to catch up on my reading and beginning old hobbies of mine. I found myself never touching my guitars, but now that I'm curbing my phone habit I get in a solid hour a week. Hey, it's a start.
- Planning only a week ahead - I used to get so stressed out trying to plan out my whole month. That, or I would never know what I'm up to on a given day because I didn't plan at all. I like to take Sunday to get ready for my week and avoid planning anything too far in advance. I also find this helps with staying more in the present.
- Having small luxuries when I can afford them - this could be avocado toast or a decadent face mask. I love treating myself with the little things in life on a regular basis. It's part of my self care routine and there's nothing wrong with improving my quality of life. Why save that perfume for a special occasion? I try to think that every day we are alive is a special occasion.
What do you do to make your life easier? What things are you just too lazy to be bothered with? Let me know in the comments below!